Instagram: Is your business ready for 2019?
With the end of 2018 fast-approaching, Instagram predictions for 2019 are of course emerging.
The growth of IGTV, more robust analytics, interactive stories, personalised influencer marketing and many more.
Exciting stuff! But do you feel like you’re only just getting to grips with the new features that Instagram added this year? That you’re still struggling to find time to plan out your content as you’d like?
Then, fear not!
We’ve rounded up some of our favourite Instagram tips from top social media experts so that you’re ready to embrace the new trends as they roll out in 2019. Practical, easy-to-follow guidance that will give you the confidence to get stuck in and try out some Instagram features, tips and tricks for yourself. The best way to learn!
Ready to dive in? Let’s go!
1. Instagram Shopping: Instagram shoppable posts are a brilliant way for product businesses to promote and sell on social media. Consumers can complete their buying journey from discovery to purchase without leaving the Instagram app. We love this practical step-by-step guide on How to set up Instagram Shopping by Avocado Social.
2. Instagram Stories: Instagram Stories have become one of the most popular tools on the platform. Packed with advice on how you can harness Stories to connect with your audience and drive traffic to your website, this handy guide How to use Instagram Stories: A guide for small businesses by Social Thyme is a must-read.
3. Instagram Stories Branding: Incorporating your brand into your Instagram Stories is a great way to increase brand awareness and stand out from the crowd. Instagram Stories Templates are a brilliant shortcut for creating consistent branding – Canva has thousands of templates that are super easy to customise. Simply pick a template, add your brand colours and fonts, and your on-brand Instagram Stories post is good to go! We love these tips on how to ace Instagram Stories Branding from Later.
4. Instagram Planning Apps: When time is tight yet you want to create a beautiful Instagram feed, being able to plan and design ahead of time is a life-saver. Apps like Planoly and Preview enable you to do just this. These easy-to-use planning apps provide a range of handy tools that will help you work efficiently and feel more in control – including post scheduling, editing, hashtags, analytics and more.
5. Instagram Flatlay Styling: If you’re active on Instagram, you will no doubt have spotted stunning flatlay images from your favourite brands, influencers and bloggers. Carefully constructed and pieced together to perfection, these images (photographed from above) are designed to showcase products, tell a stylish story and wow followers. We love these 5 expert tips for the perfect flatlay – ideal for helping you style beautiful, attention-grabbing images for your business.
And if that’s not enough to be getting on with, be sure to check out Later’s New Instagram Features in 2018 post which takes a look at some of this year’s highlights in more detail – new creative tools for Instagram Stories, new video channels, shopping tools and more!
So, there you have it! Some key Instagram features, tips and tricks to get your head around before the new trends of 2019 emerge!
We’d love to connect on Instagram – you can find us at @paula_marketingvc – please come say hi!